Monday, July 19, 2010

Paperback 335: Deep Throat / D.M. Perkins (Dell 1857)

Paperback 335: Dell 1857 (PBO, 1973)

Title: Deep Throat
Author: D.M. Perkins
Cover artist: Uncredited

Yours for: SOLD (7/19/10)


Best things about this cover:

  • The font—the style, and the pink
  • Hey, this book is right: I never did get the chance to see the movie. Then again, I was 3 when it came out.
  • Wish there were more art on the cover. I kind of dig the 70s-era cartooning style in evidence here.
  • This book is in amazing condition. A little scuffing here and there, but essentially square, w/ blue edges. Hardly appears to have been read at all.

Best things about this back cover:

  • Her capital-P Problem is that her clitoris is in her throat, and her capital-S Solution is ... the title of the book. Oh, and also, SPOILER ALERT!

Page 123:

So here I am, she thought, ass up on a tall pole, waiting for two Tarzans to swing to me so that I can give them head.

~RP

[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]

5 comments:

capewood said...

From The Partridge Family to Deep Throat in one post! I would have though it would take at least 6 degrees of separation to get from Keith Partridge to Linda Lovelace.

Tulse said...

Geez, Rex, thanks for giving away the ending! Now I guess I don't have to see the movie...

Deb said...

If you didn't see the movie, you didn't miss much. All I can remember about it is that Linda Lovelace's feet were incredibly dirty!

Yes, I'm old!

Larry said...

Tulse:

You challenge in viewing the movie will likely be finding a working VCR!

Pax said...

I saw it years later and was asked to leave because I couldn't stop laughing. But really, the scene in the kitchen when she walks in on her mother with one foot on either side of the kitchen counter corner and her ummmmm date....yep, still laughing just thinking about it.