Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Paperback 515: The Sexually Promiscuous Female / Benjamin Morse, M.D. (Monarch MB 535)

Paperback 515: Monarch Books MB 535 (PBO, 1963)

Title: The Sexually Promiscuous Female
Author: Dr. Benjamin Morse, M.D.
Cover artist: Photo cover

Yours for: Not for Sale (gift to the collection from Doug Peterson)


MB535.Promiscuous
Best things about this cover:
  • I don't know who this woman is, but ... we would like to announce that we are in love.
  • Sorry, Dr. Morse, your "alarming" report is not quelling my desire to go on a cross-country crime jag with Tina here.
  • Love the uneven lettering! This is what happens when you shout "PROMISCUOUS" as you leap from a moving train, which you have robbed because you are on a cross-country crime jag with Tina.
  • Sexy sunglasses. Gorgeous gams. Casual footwear. All the trademarks of the modern-day whore.
  • She'd be in her late-70s today. So if I'm gonna find her, I better act quick.
  • Dr. Morse is (according to the title page) also author of "The Lesbian," which I believe had the famous subtitle: "Or So I Imagine"


MB535bc.Promiscuous

Best things about this back cover:
  • "Frigidity"?! Oh, come ON!
  • "Penetrating"!? Really? Phrasing!
  • I love how this book's all "beware this trend" when no one, and I mean no one, buying this book is going to see "The Promiscuous Female" as a problem. More like "... and I can find her ... where? You know, to, er, talk her out of her, uh ... lifestyle. Yeah. That's what I'll do. So what's her number?"

Page 123~

A period of unpaid promiscuity, with all its attendant minor heartbreaks, soon conditions the girl to the point where she wants to strike back at the men who have taken advantage of her.

So ... like a promiscuity internship? Nice. Where does one get ... those?

~RP

[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]

5 comments:

Brian Busby said...

I am not convinced that is a female, promiscuous or otherwise.

bliss_infinte said...

Thanks Brian, you've ruined the cover for me now!

KathyS said...

Why in the world would a frigid woman want to be promiscuous?

Titus Groan said...

"A period of unpaid promiscuity, with all its attendant minor heartbreaks ... "

She should have opted for the PAID promiscuity.

Maarek said...

Apparently Dr. Benjamin Morse, M.D. is a pen name for Lawrence Block